4GAMERS Support Article: Microphone not working on PS4
4GAMERS Gaming headsets are designed all of the PLAYSTATION 4 consoles (PS4/PS4 Slim/PS4 Pro). In most cases, the headset will be fully functioning when plugged into your PS4 controller for the first time. In some cases, you may find that the microphone is not working on your first attempt at installation. Please ensure the 3.5mm Jack connection is fully inserted into the PS4 Controller, insert until you hear a click.
If you can hear people on party chat but they can’t hear you, please check the following steps:
STEP 1: The Mic. Mute Switch Is In The Correct Position.
You will see the Mic. Mute switch on the inline volume control. This switch needs to be in the OFF position, ensuring the mute functionality is turned OFF.
Once the switch has been changed to OFF, please try again. If you are still experiencing problems, please go to Step 2.
STEP 2: The Headset Works with Another Device.
If the headsets Mic still isn’t working, plug the headset into another device such as a Phone/Tablet and try making a call or recording a voice message. If someone is able to hear you during the call or you can hear yourself back on the voice message then the headset and mic are working properly – please go to Step 3. If you couldn’t be heard in the call or on the voice message then there is a fault with the headset itself, please return this to the retailer you bought this from with proof of purchase in order to get a replacement product.
STEP 3: Your PS4 Settings are Configured Correctly
Review your PS4 settings to make sure they are configured as follows:
- Go to Settings >> Devices >> Audio Devices
- Set Input& Output Devices to Headset Connected to Controller.
- Set Output to Headphonesto Chat Audio.
- Set Volume Control (Headphones)level to Maximum.
- Select Adjust Microphone Leveland follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your microphone.
- If your Mic was detected on the Adjust Microphone Level screen, then the headset and mic are working correctly with the PS4. If other people still can’t hear you in your chat then check your network connection and/or your in-game settings.
- If your mic was not detected on the Adjust Microphone Level screen then there is a fault with the headset itself, we advise you to return this to the retailer you bought this from with proof of purchase in order to get a replacement product.