Is God Of War Going To Be The First Exclusive To The PS5?
PlayStation 5 is coming and with its release, we are expecting a massive exclusive; even though Sony hasn’t officially told anyone which of their exclusive titles could be released with the PS5, one of their key partners could’ve just dropped a huge hint!
Who leaked what?
A leak is a strong word, especially as the tip-off was from a developer that works on Sony’s most popular exclusive titles; The God of War series. The Santa Monica Studio recently posted a job opportunity for the position of “Senior Combat Designer.”
This was originally published on June 14th, 2019 and requires applicants to have “knowledge of God of War (2018) and be able to speak in depth about the combat system, mechanics, and enemies.”
That wasn’t the only requirement made on the job spec!
With the 2018 reboot of God of War is the biggest hit of 2018 (as far as we are concerned) on PlayStation 4, obtaining that prestigious Game of Year award, and going on to sell more than 10 million copies as of April, an 86,000 million members with its own subreddit, you can guarantee that the developers have set out some very specific requirement on their job spec!
• Significant experience using a text-based scripting language to set-up character logic, debug complex problems, and text work thoroughly.
• Self – sufficient in getting to the root of a problem or issue, and taking the necessary steps to find solutions.
• Basic knowledge of scripting languages and code (e.g. XML. C++, Lua) is required.
• Must be able to grasp and work with code-based proprietary tools to implement and troubleshoot assigned characters.
• Must have knowledge of competitive products and various gameplay genres, as well as a personal understanding of video game fun with regards to combat and enemy design.
• Ability to think logically with a strong level of attention to detail. Should be able to break down design concepts and analyse them with regards to purpose and intent.
• Must possess quality written communication skills and the ability to convey abstract concepts.
• Must be able to professionally communicate and work with other members of the game production team.
Is it a solid fact?
No job description is a solid fact that a game from the God of War series will definitely be the first exclusive to the PS5. However, a new job doesn’t necessarily mean that a new release is imminent from the developers. But it would definitely be good and potentially pivotal for the PS5 success.
What would you like to see?
Added By: 4Gamers | Date Added: 26th Jun 2019
Related News Stories
War is Coming.. In the months ahead, there are a… Read More